Last summer I bought some gorgeous floral material to make my favorite Flirt Skirt to wear this summer. I still haven’t done that. I have, however, made two more dresses from the hallå agnes swing top & dress pattern.
This first material has the design as the red top I made, but in blues and I made it as a dress. Here’s the front:
This dress comes together really quickly with serged seams, and serging used to attach the neckline and armbands.
I had thought I’d change how I attached these bands, but decided to make another change I’ll tell you about below.
Here’s the side view:
Here’s the red top just as a reminder to see the print on it.
I know my hubby loves blue on me, so I think this blue dress will be his favorite.
This forth agnes is a dress too, in black, white, with little bits of yellow.
The yellow isn’t very visible in the photo, so here’s a close up:
I think four agneses is a good place to stop for now. I really do love this pattern, and am living in this dress this summer.
Although, I’m loving all my hallå agnes dresses and top, but there’s one little element I wasn’t loving. The seams are all serged on these dresses and the top. That’s great. The seams all looks nice and neat this way.
However, once these were washed, I found the seams at the neckband and arms were flipping or folding in half. It wasn’t visible from the outside when I was wearing it, but I could see it when I was putting the garment on. I didn’t like it.
Here you can see how the seam has folded up:
My fix for this was to use my coverstitch machine. It worked beautifully too. I’ve finished all my dresses this way now, and no more flipping or folding seams.
One of the things I did to help line up the stitching was to use the markings on the presser foot. That first grove was my guideline. It worked out really well.
My new wires are here and it’s time to start drafting again! I’ve done a few drafts now, and that’s led to a couple of questions. I’m one or two answers away from drafting, what I hope is, my perfect bra pattern.